Race Selection Criteria
April 27, 2006
We are always looking to incorporate new races into the series. This page provides guidelines for determining if a race is eligible for inclusion.
A race will be considered for inclusion into the series based on the following criteria:
- Must be an ultramarathon distance, i.e. longer than the standard marathon distance of 26.2 miles (42.2 Km).
- Must be predominantly run on trails, i.e. no roads (or very minimal).
- Must provide for the safety and well-being of participants up to the standard of other races in the series. At a minimum the race should have a fairly well-marked course, aid stations, volunteers, medical/first aid, race numbers, timing, awards, insurance, ...
- Will not conflict with race dates of any existing races in the series. Should be at least 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after any existing race dates.
- Preference will be given to established races that have demonstrated a growth pattern in terms of participation, and have received favourable feedback from participants.
If you would like to propose a new race for addition into the series, please send me an email to the address below. Please make sure to include all relevant details of the race, and to address each of the criteria listed above. All proposals for inclusion in the following year's series must be received by November 30.
Bruce Grant (seriesbcuts.ca)